Tuesday, March 10, 2009

my detox experience


The detox process can be brutal for those transitioning into a raw diet....from my experience, it seems as if the more drammatic the change over onto raw was, the worse the detox symptoms. And it took several attempts to get me up to the 90% mark....
I was about 60-70% raw for quite a while...then decided to take the plunge and take out all unnecessary dehydrated foods and nuts and make my evening cooked meal raw. Going low fat and from 60% raw to high 90% range was a real blow on my body. The lethargy I felt, the hunger, cravings, and other detox symptoms like light headedness, some dizziness, and a horrific pimple breakout on my face were the symptoms I experienced....at least what I remember, lol!

However, the list of detox symptoms can include: headaches, acne, pain, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and constipation.

What is often recommended to relieve these symptoms is to ease your transition to raw and include a little cooked food or more liquids.


So, to make your transition to raw less painful (detoxifation-wise), by putting severe stress on your body, don't go raw too fast. I recommend reading a lot about going raw before taking the plunge, this way you can make an educated decision about how to go about introducing this diet into your lifestyle. Different sources have different opinions about how to go about going raw....so its all about getting many opinions and drawing your own conclusions.

Once fully transitioned, you will then experience raw food bliss: beautiful skin, a healthy glow, efficiently functioning clean cells, and an efficiently working digestive system....and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment