Sunday, February 15, 2009

LARABARs are better than your average candy bar...WAY better!

I was sitting at a TimHorton's in Vaughn yesterday (enjoying a bottle of water, and a green tea that I just didn't have the heart to try...it's awful) while on a date, and I decided to pull out some LARABARS for us to snack on....my inspiration for this post!

Larabars are absolutely delicious, contain only a handful of raw ingredients, come in a variety of flavours AND they happen to be the perfect compact dessert/snack/postwork-out meal! ....why I didn't come up with this concept, bewilders me...

For anybody who hasn't tried one, some interesting facts about Larabars include that they are vegan, raw, unprocessed, sweetened naturally (with no added sugars), and each bar contains 6 of fewer ingredients!

I've tried many raw bars, but Larabars happen to be my favourite. I have yet to find another 'raw' bar that I enjoy as much as these guys. The other bars I've tried either have flax seeds in them (I'd rather add sprouted ones to a salad, than eat them in a bar), are chocolate flavoured, or just really aren't that enjoyable.

Although I do embrace a predominantly low-fat raw vegan diet, and try to steer away from too many dehydrated foods and nuts, I do endulge from time-to-time on these bars....especially as a dessert or if I'm on the run and have to eat...but when I do eat these bars, it's good times....really good!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wonderingg... where can you get these? I've heard so many good things about Larabars, but as much as i try to find them in Toronto? I just can't seen to!

    ReplyDelete