Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My raw style...a day in the life

I stick to a low-fat raw vegan style of living...I describe my eating like a fusion of 80/10/10 and Natalia Rose's (phase 1) style of living.

A typical day for me will begin with a green smoothie after an empty-stomach morning workout.
Here's my recipe green smoothie recipe (a Natalia Rose recipe):

6-8 kale stems

1 head of celery

2 apples

1 medium beet

1 lemon

1-2 inches of ginger

After my morning smoothie, I stick to all-fruit meals throughout the day until dinner.

Dinner is usually a huge salad, followed by a raw desert. Right now, I'm completely obsessed with my own variation of a 3 pepper salad I found in Natalia Rose's Life Force Energy book:

3 peppers (3 different coloured peppers)

2 ears of raw corn

2-3 roma tomatoes

2 green onions

1 tbsp olive oil

juice of half a lemon

1/2 tsp of celtic sea salt and pepper to taste

2 tbsp of hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds sprinkled on top

If I'm hungry before or after dinner, I'll make myself another green smoothie.

My approach is very simple, and doesn't entail a lot of elaborate food prep (dehydration, soaking, etc.). Howevever, to keep my tastebuds happy and the creative juices flowing, I do try my best to test drive at least one new recipe a week.

So, that's pretty much it, a day in the life....

No comments:

Post a Comment