Monday, February 9, 2009

Raw food dining in the city


I'm in love with Live Food Bar in Toronto (Spadina & Dupont)!
I finally treated myself and what can I say....I'm speechless! The food blew me away! The food is not only a pleasure to look at, but it's delicious!!!
I brought a meat-eating date along with me to experience Live, and he loved it! The experience was incredible, and I can't wait to go back!


The place has both raw and cooked (vegan) options....everything is organic!



My experience began with a "Perk me Up" smoothie and the Pecan “Tempura” Rolls. The smoothie was very yummy and the sushi was to die for! The tops of the sushi were sprinkled with dehydrated sweet potato shavings.....it was crunchy, cream, raw and dreamy!

My main course was the Raw Combo platter. This dish had a small sample of each of the mains, along with a side salad. The platter included the teriyaki dish, raw lasagna, their raw pizza and this delicious pasta with raw meatballs! YUM! I was like a kid in a candy store! Every bite was like heaven! Dare I mention that I also brought 3 raw desserts home...for my family to try of course ; ) .


If I had to rate Live Food Bar, I'd give it a perfect 10!!! I had an incredible experience and wowed my date that eating raw can be this delicious and exciting! Next visit will be on my birthday (next month), and I plan on trying something new and bringing more non-raw friends and family members with me to eat at this gem of a restaurant...and I know they'll love it!




1 comment:

  1. omg - i definitely saw this restuarant on restuarant makeover and have always wondered what the food was like.

    glad to hear it was delish!

    ReplyDelete